Friday, July 16, 2010

Pimped out Power Wheels

So it didn't take long for Derrick to get moving on the Power Wheels transformation. You know he wouldn't want Carter to be seen driving a purple and pink jeep!!! Horrors.

He took Carter to Home Depot with him and they picked black and red for the new colors. Carter calls it his fire engine jeep. They dismantled the entire thing piece by piece...

I would have just painted the whole thing without taking it apart, but that is not the "proper" way to do it according to my hubby. Yea, I guess not but my way wouldn't have taken 6 hours either...oh well.
Last night was the first test drive of the new and improved jeep. You can see the kids were loving every second of it. Reese gets jolted around pretty good (considering Carter has no concept of steering or pushing the pedal with constant pressure), but she seems no worse for wear. You can see Derrick started stuffing a pillow behind her head to prevent whiplash.

Reese took 11 steps on Wednesday, July 14th so I guess that qualifies as walking. Yikes, I'm not ready yet!! I took this picture of a rainbow the evening of her first birthday...thought that it was pretty special to have a birthday rainbow right out our back door.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Run, baby, run! Preferably away from Carter when necessary:) You will lose weight, Mama. That power wheel transformation is stunning. I want one. Here is a new revenue source for the college fund. Imagine how many of these get dumped, but could be refurbished. I know Derrick could get the 6 hrs down to 3-4 with repetition. He could resell them on line, Craig's list, sign in your neighborhood....He could take orders for paint color choices and special effects; pin striping is extra; name your car is extra...What do you think? They both look sooooo happy in that photo. I just love it!! Send me the high resolution, PLEASE!! Nani

mama k said...

I'm cracking up at "my way wouldn't have taken 6 hours" hahaha

Looks great though. And what a great shot of them both enjoying it. :)

Mike&Kristy said...

OMG - Tell Derrick that he can come and paint anything in our house; the Jeep looks terrific!