Sunday, July 11, 2010

Killer Paper Cut

So Carter is definitely just a tad of an over-reactor. He tends to freak out, quite literally, at even the smallest "boo boo". He then displays said boo boo to anyone who will give him the time of day and this can sometimes last for days or even weeks if it takes a while to heal and disappear.

Today, he got a very small paper cut on his thumb...you would have thought he lost an arm. He was moaning and groaning and hollering for a bandaid for about 30 minutes, so finally I got him one. Then he was sitting on my lap, obviously too overcome by the pain to even move. He tilts his head back and looks up at me and says,

"I'm dying Mama"

I didn't think I heard him right at first and asked,

"You're tired?"

...but he said again, "No I'm dying"

So I say, "why are you dying, Carter?"

To which he replies, "Because I have a big boo boo."

Oh, the drama!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Did you kiss his boo boo and make it all better? Or doesn't that work anymore? Poor kiddo, he probably terrifies himself with his overactive imagination and immature reasoning. Where in the world did he come up with this idea? You and Derrick and Reese are hardly wimps!!! Give him a big hug from me and tell him Nani says bob-boos make you grow stronger:)
XOXO Nani

JNP said...

What a funny kid! Shell, I love reading your stories -- your kids are such characters! And they're just adorable. :)

mama k said...

Hilarious! Definitely one for the baby book. LOL